Pride Dental is more than just a mercury-free practice. We are also mercury-SAFE.
Mercury-free means we just don’t place amalgam fillings – an alloy that’s about 50% mercury. Mercury is the most neurotoxic, non-radioactive element on our planet, more toxic even than arsenic or lead. Instead, we opt for biocompatible materials.
Mercury-SAFE means that when we are called on to remove mercury amalgam fillings, we do so in a way that protects the patient, dental team, and environment.
The health and environmental effects of mercury and other heavy metals are well documented. Considering the very strict regulations regarding the handling of mercury, our philosophy is to limit your exposure to the furthest extent possible.
When removing amalgams, we follow the strict safety protocol of the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology. Our safety measures include
- Isolating the teeth to be worked on with a rubber dam to protect the oral cavity.
- Removing the fillings in chunks so as not to vaporize the mercury, while using copious amounts of water.
- Using ozonated water throughout the procedure. (We also use ozone to treat the tooth after amalgam removal and before placement of the new restorations.)
- Using a state-of-the-art Swiss air HEPA filter/vacuum next to the patient and a whole-room purification system to keep the air clean.
- Using a powerful ionizer to remove any additional mercury particulate from the air.
- Rinsing with chlorella to remove any traces of mercury.
Every operatory has an amalgam separator installed to keep mercury from entering the water supply.
Your safety, our safety – and that of our planet – is paramount.
Beyond Mere Removal
When a person’s health has been compromised by mercury amalgam fillings, just removing them isn’t enough. The body must be prepared to detox and then supported through that process of releasing the metals it has stored up over the years.
Just as no two people are identical, so our “pretox” and “detox” protocols are customized for each patient, based on their unique health history and current health status. Most often, these involve nutritional improvements, homeopathic remedies, and supplementation to trigger the body’s self-healing mechanisms.
Contact us today to set up an appointment.
How can we help?
By now you probably have questions about your dental care. We are here to help. Please contact our office with the form below and one of our friendly associates will reach out to you personally to assist however we can.