It’s a point that we feel can’t be stressed nearly enough: If you choose to have your “silver” mercury amalgam fillings replaced with biocompatible restorations, it’s crucial that you have them removed by a dentist who follows strict safety guidelines.
It’s important to your health and ours, as well as that of our planet.
That’s because so-called “silver” fillings are actually about 50% mercury, and mercury is a potent neurotoxin. Exposure to it can be amplified during removal if proper safety protocols are ignored. A bad situation could become much worse in the long run.
You can read here about the safety procedures we follow in our own office – or you can watch the video below, hear it from Dr. Attar himself, and see some of the equipment we use to minimize mercury exposure:
Thank you to Dr. Matt Barker for recording the above video and letting us share it with you here.